Engr. Omar Qatan
Chairman of the Board of Directors
Naturally skilled business leader with high quality in Education, Training, Vision, Values and Deliveries.
Had the honour of receiving the prestigious ‘Dahabeeyah’ Gold medal and certificate signed by His Majesty Sultan on the occasion of National Day Celebration in 1985.
- Engineer. Omar Ahmed Salim Qatan, presently the Chairman of Mazoon Electricity Company SAOC and Board member in United Industrial Gases Company LLC, apart from the Chairman of Muscat Gases Company SAOG.
- Engineer. Omar Ahmed Salim Qatan holds MSC (Eng.) Tropical Public Health, University of Leeds, and BSC in Civil Engineering, University of California – Davis.
- Engineer. Omar Ahmed Salim Qatan also worked as CEO of Oman Oil Marketing Co. SAOG, GM of Gulf Stone SAOG , GM of Dhofar Vegetable SAOG, Junior and Senior Manager with Royal Oman Police for 11 years.
Engineer. Omar Ahmed Salim Qatan having following Training Credentials
- ‘Making Corporate Board More Effective’ - HBS Boston USA, 14-17 Nov 2018
- Lead From the chair – University of Insead – France 2017.
- International Board Director- Full Cover Insead – France 2015 to 2016.
- The leader of the future by JMW, Aug 2011 to 2012.
- Re-imagine with Tom Peters – 23rd Apr 2006
- Master Strategies for higher achievement by Brian Tracy – 31st May 2006
- Public speaking and communication course by Al Shrook company – 28 -29 June 2008
- The leader of the future by JMW, Australia – July 2011 – Jan 2012
- GCC supply chain and logistics by Al Nimr – 15 -16 Apr 2013
- Role of the Directors and the Board by Institute of Directors – 15 – 16 June 2014
- Managing Safely by IOSH – 14th Sep 2014
- Directors role in strategy and marketing by Institute of Directors & UCCD – 24 – 26th Mar 2015
- Finance for non-financial Directors by Institute of Directors & UCCD – 7 – 9 June 2015
- International Directors Programme by INSEAD the business school for the world, Fontainebleau, France – June 2015
- Training Course in Management & Maintenance of Physical Asset in U.K. from 14.01.1985 to 04.04.1985
- Training Course on Site Management Safety for the Building & Civil Eng. Industries by Construction Industry Training Board-U.K. September 1985.
- Training Course on Development of Human Resources at the Institute of Public Administration, Muscat, 12 May 1990 - 19 June 1990. (Obtained first honor position with grade mark of 97 %)